Skip to main content

My Journey: Annual day 10 Final

Please read the previous parts to understand the this story, to read previous story click on the story name My Journey: Annual day 9

Monday arrived, just five days before the annual day. Our principal announced that there would be no more regular classes, and from now on, we would focus only on practice. Our teacher called our group and took us to the auditorium. She told us how the show would start, who would go first on stage, and how the others should enter afterward.

We practiced hard until lunch. After lunch, the principal gathered everyone and informed us that the rehearsals would now take place on stage in the exact order as the annual day. This was to make sure everything would run smoothly. The whole school gathered in the auditorium. First, the primary school students performed, followed by the high school students. Our performance was scheduled last as we were in 10th grade.

When it was our turn, the girls in our class went first. Then it was our turn. I felt a wave of nervousness wash over me as I stepped onto the stage. The sight of the crowd made me freeze for a moment. My mind went blank. Somehow, I managed to calm down and performed. To my relief, everyone seemed impressed by my performance. Their applause filled me with happiness and pride.

That evening, after school, I went home, where my mother was waiting for me. She told me to freshen up and come to her room. When I did, she handed me the blouse she had stitched for my annual day performance. I tried it on, but she wasn't happy with the fit. She took my measurements again and started making adjustments. Meanwhile, she pointed to her bed where a parrot green saree, petticoat, bra, panties, and jewelry were laid out.

Excited and nervous, I began dressing myself. I put on the bra, which was still a bit tricky to hook, then the panties, followed by the petticoat. Draping the saree was hard as I was still learning, but after several tries, I managed to drape it properly with neatly arranged pleats. I secured the pleats with pins and draped the pallu over my shoulder.

Next, I wore the jewelry and put on a wig, brushing it until it looked perfect. I went to my mother, who smiled and said I looked beautiful. I asked her about the makeup, and she made me sit in front of the mirror. She applied a basic makeup look, enhancing my features subtly. She started with a moisturizer, followed by a smooth layer of foundation to create an even base. She then applied concealer to hide any blemishes. She added a touch of rosy blush to my cheeks, a thin line of eyeliner to define my eyes, and a soft, creamy maroon lipstick to complete the look. Finally, she placed a bindi on my forehead.

The whole week followed this routine. I would go to school, practice until lunch, then rehearse on stage.

Friday came, and our principal announced that it was a costume rehearsal day. I panicked and told my teacher I didn't have a saree to wear. She reassured me and brought a saree from the staff room. She helped me drape it and encouraged me to focus on the performance rather than the audience's reactions.

When it was my turn on stage, I saw puzzled faces and heard some giggles. My heart raced, and I felt a wave of anxiety. But I remembered what Ajay Sir had told me about using expressions. I performed with all my heart, and by the end, I received a standing ovation. My confidence soared.

After the rehearsal, my teacher told us that we should arrive two hours early on the day of the annual function for makeup and costume preparations.

That night, I went to bed with a mix of excitement and nervousness. The next morning, my mother woke me up early. She handed me a lotion to remove body hair, and after a bath, she packed my costume in a bag.

The next day was the annual day. At school, the makeup artist was ready for me. She shaped my eyebrows and removed any stray hairs from my face. She then started with a moisturizer, followed by a concealer to hide any imperfections. She applied foundation to create a flawless base. Then, she moved on to the intricate Yakshagana makeup. She used bold colors and precise lines to create dramatic eyes with thick eyeliner and vibrant eyeshadow. She added false eyelashes for extra flair. The makeup artist then painted intricate patterns on my forehead and cheeks, typical of Yakshagana style. She applied a deep maroon lipstick and finished with heavy jewelry, including a large necklace, big Jhumkas, and bangles.

She draped the saree on me, making sure the pleats were perfect and pinned securely. The long wig, styled into a braid, was adorned with traditional Yakshagana headgear. The transformation was stunning; I barely recognized myself in the mirror. My teacher was amazed and praised my look.

The annual day began, and my parents were in the audience. The performances went smoothly, and finally, it was our turn. As I stood backstage, I saw my classmates' reactions to my transformation. They were astonished.

When I stepped onto the stage, the audience's reaction was a mix of surprise and admiration. My heart pounded in my chest, and I felt a rush of nervousness. I took a deep breath and focused on my performance. I remembered all the training and expressions I had practiced. The bright lights made the stage feel both scary and exciting. As I danced and acted, I felt a strong connection with the character I was playing. I could see the audience watching closely, their eyes following my every move.

During the climax, something unexpected happened. The microphone stopped working, and I couldn't say my dialogue. My heart sank, and I felt a wave of panic. But then, I saw my teacher in the wings, urging me to continue. I remembered Ajay Sir's advice about using expressions. I took another deep breath and decided to show the emotions through my eyes and gestures instead of words. The silence of the microphone was replaced by a powerful silence in the audience. They were completely focused on my performance.

When I finished, there was a moment of stunned silence. Then, the entire auditorium erupted in loud applause and a standing ovation. My heart swelled with pride and relief. As I bowed, I glanced towards the audience and saw my father standing with tears streaming down his face, clapping hard. My mother was beside him, her face beaming with pride, her hands over her heart. The sight of their reactions filled me with so much happiness that I felt like I could burst.

After the function, the principal called me up on stage and gave me the best performer award for my role. I was overwhelmed with joy and couldn't stop smiling. My mother rushed up to me and hugged me tightly, her tears wetting my shoulder. My father, with tears in his eyes, embraced me warmly. This moment of recognition and love made all the hard work worth it. Their pride and love washed over me, and I felt an overwhelming sense of accomplishment.

We went home, and I had dinner in my saree before changing into my regular clothes. That night, as I lay in bed, I thought about everything that had happened that day. I felt a deep sense of accomplishment and happiness. I thought about my parents' proud faces and how they had supported me through everything. The journey had been hard, but the reward was beyond words. I closed my eyes with a heart full of joy and contentment, feeling grateful for the unforgettable day.

This the End of Annual Day and in the upcoming parts I will be telling about what happened after Annual day.

Please leave your comments and Suggestion so that i can improve the story.


Comments

  1. nice STORY DARLING

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really felt awesome and good vibes after reading your story... Great to read like this story after a long time. Eagerly waiting for next part, what happened whether his friends missing him more or their parents. Meanwhile all your friends may have a nick name for you. Wanted to know about that too dear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice story di. Please write long stories di.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eagerly waiting for your next stories 🤍

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not fare sis, u r not updating the story. In a day opening almost 20 times for new story. Please update asap

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zestcrossdresserstories and ilakkiyacdstories has been removed. If someone knows what happened, pls reply..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes , mene bhi dunda mujhe bhi nhi mil rha
      agr mile toh mujhe bhi batana

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey: New Start

Please read the previous parts to understand this story click on the name of previous part to read it  My Journey: Annual day 10 Final After the annual day was over, I slept soundly, feeling relieved and happy. Sunday arrived, and since I had no plans, I let myself sleep in. When I finally got up, I took a bath and then went into my mother’s room, still wrapped in my towel. When my mom came in and saw me, she asked with a smile, "Why are you sitting here in your towel?" I replied, half-joking, "Where is my saree?" She laughed softly and said, "The annual day is over, and you don’t need to wear a saree anymore." Her words reminded me that the exciting event was really over. I went back to my room and changed into my regular t-shirt and shorts, but a part of me missed the feel of the saree. It had been so comfortable and felt special. After breakfast, my father had already gone to the studio to practice Yakshagana, leaving the house quiet. I spent most of th

My Journey: Annual day 1

Read the Previous part by clicking on the Story name  My Journey: Mother's Wish This routine continued for the next two days until my father returned from his training. In the following years, the opportunity to wear a saree didn't present itself again as my mother seemed to lose interest in those activities. When I was in the 10th standard, our school prepared for its annual day celebrations. Boys in our class were assigned to perform Yakshagana, a traditional art form, while the girls were to showcase Bharatanatyam, a classical dance form. With very few girls in our class, our teacher rushed into the classroom one day with exciting news—we would be performing a scene from the epic Mahabharata for the Yakshagana segment. Roles were quickly assigned based on height and suitability. The tallest boys were chosen to play the Pandavas, some took on roles as Kauravas, and there were only two of us left: my friend, who was taller than me, and myself, the shortest in the class. The on