Skip to main content

My Journey: Annual day 9

Please read the previous parts to understand the story properly its continuation on previous part and to read the previous part click on the name -  My Journey: Annual day 8

The practice went on for one week. I was spending my days in school as a boy and my evenings at home dressed in different sarees, adorned with various makeup styles, hairstyles, and jewelry. It became a habit, and slowly, I started to enjoy it. Each day, I would come home, head directly to my room, and then to my mother’s room to get ready in a saree. I began spending more time in front of the mirror, and my mother observed this change in me.

It was Saturday, and I woke up early, took a bath, and wore my uniform. When I came downstairs, I saw that my mother was still sleeping. I glanced at the calendar and realized it was the second Saturday, a holiday. I was about to go back to my room to change, but then I had an idea: why not surprise my mother by getting ready on my own? I quietly went to my parents' room, where both of them were still asleep. I carefully opened my mother's cupboard and searched through her wardrobe until I found a maroon saree and a blouse stitched for me. I also took a bra, panties, and a petticoat before retreating to my room and closing the door behind me.

First, I struggled a bit to hook the bra, but I managed it. Then I wore the panties, followed by the petticoat, and then the blouse, which fit perfectly. Draping the saree proved to be challenging since it was my first time doing it alone. I tried multiple times and failed to drape it properly. Then, I thought about how my mother would drape it. After several attempts, I managed to get it right. I stood before the mirror, but the pleats were not perfect. I redid the pleats until they looked just right and admired myself in the mirror. Just then, my mother opened the door.

I was shocked, but she was amazed. She walked in and said, "You look beautiful! I'm proud of my daughter. She has learned how to drape a saree perfectly on her own."

With a smile, she said, "Now, let's get your makeup done. Your father is waiting for you." She began with a moisturizer to hydrate my skin, followed by a smooth layer of foundation to create an even base. She applied concealer to hide any blemishes and dark circles. Next, she added a rosy blush to my cheeks for a natural glow. She moved on to my eyes, placing false eyelashes to make them appear bigger and more expressive. Mascara was applied to lengthen and volumize my lashes. She expertly blended eyeshadow to complement the saree, drawing a thin line of eyeliner to define my eyes. Finally, she used a soft, creamy maroon lipstick to complete the look. My mother then adorned me with big jhumkas and a chain. She placed a wig on my head, styling it into a bride.

We went to the dining hall where my father was reading the newspaper. He saw me and smiled. We had breakfast together before heading to the studio. Upon reaching the studio, we found that everyone had already gathered. My father inquired about Ajay, and someone mentioned that he was unwell. My father instructed me to practice on my own. We finished the rehearsal and returned home for lunch.

During lunch, my father asked if I had learned all the expressions properly. I replied affirmatively, and he nodded, advising me to practice more. I promised I would. After lunch, I helped my mother clean the kitchen. I could see how much she enjoyed having a daughter. She loved dressing me up, doing my makeup, and talking to me as her daughter. The day went by, and the next day, my teacher called my father and told him I needed to go to school for costume measurements and a fitting test.

At school, everyone was there to give their measurements since only one week was left until the annual day. My mother had accompanied me, and we waited in the classroom until it was my turn. When my teacher called us, she mentioned to my mother that I would have a grand saree and they needed to take measurements for the blouse. My mother offered to stitch the blouse herself, knowing her skills as a tailor. The teacher agreed and handed over the saree and all the accessories I would need. I was shocked to see so many items. We took everything home, and my mother immediately started stitching the blouse.

While she worked, I watched TV until she called me. She had laid out a black saree with a golden border on the bed and asked me to wear it. After draping the saree, I went to her. She then instructed me to put on the wig and comb it. Following her directions, I combed my hair and left it free.

She said, "Today, you don’t need makeup. Just take a bindi from my mirror and place it on your forehead. That will be enough. Then you can go and practice." I did as she told and went to my room to practice. Time flew by, and before I knew it, it was 8 PM. My mother called me for dinner. Exhausted, I ate dinner and went to bed, still wearing the saree.

Please add your comments and give suggestion to improve the story.

Comments

  1. What a excellent story. Eagerly waiting to read the further parts. Please rock it sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are writing it short di. Make the story long di.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome story. Beautiful one ❤️. Eagerly waiting for next part.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey: Annual day 10 Final

Please read the previous parts to understand the this story, to read previous story click on the story name  My Journey: Annual day 9 Monday arrived, just five days before the annual day. Our principal announced that there would be no more regular classes, and from now on, we would focus only on practice. Our teacher called our group and took us to the auditorium. She told us how the show would start, who would go first on stage, and how the others should enter afterward. We practiced hard until lunch. After lunch, the principal gathered everyone and informed us that the rehearsals would now take place on stage in the exact order as the annual day. This was to make sure everything would run smoothly. The whole school gathered in the auditorium. First, the primary school students performed, followed by the high school students. Our performance was scheduled last as we were in 10th grade. When it was our turn, the girls in our class went first. Then it was our turn. I felt a wave of ner

My Journey: New Start

Please read the previous parts to understand this story click on the name of previous part to read it  My Journey: Annual day 10 Final After the annual day was over, I slept soundly, feeling relieved and happy. Sunday arrived, and since I had no plans, I let myself sleep in. When I finally got up, I took a bath and then went into my mother’s room, still wrapped in my towel. When my mom came in and saw me, she asked with a smile, "Why are you sitting here in your towel?" I replied, half-joking, "Where is my saree?" She laughed softly and said, "The annual day is over, and you don’t need to wear a saree anymore." Her words reminded me that the exciting event was really over. I went back to my room and changed into my regular t-shirt and shorts, but a part of me missed the feel of the saree. It had been so comfortable and felt special. After breakfast, my father had already gone to the studio to practice Yakshagana, leaving the house quiet. I spent most of th

My Journey: Annual day 1

Read the Previous part by clicking on the Story name  My Journey: Mother's Wish This routine continued for the next two days until my father returned from his training. In the following years, the opportunity to wear a saree didn't present itself again as my mother seemed to lose interest in those activities. When I was in the 10th standard, our school prepared for its annual day celebrations. Boys in our class were assigned to perform Yakshagana, a traditional art form, while the girls were to showcase Bharatanatyam, a classical dance form. With very few girls in our class, our teacher rushed into the classroom one day with exciting news—we would be performing a scene from the epic Mahabharata for the Yakshagana segment. Roles were quickly assigned based on height and suitability. The tallest boys were chosen to play the Pandavas, some took on roles as Kauravas, and there were only two of us left: my friend, who was taller than me, and myself, the shortest in the class. The on