Skip to main content

My Journey: Annual day 4

Please read the previous part by clicking on the Story Name My Journey: Annual day 3

 After my mother finished my makeup and made me stand in front of the mirror, I was amazed by my looks. The feeling of wearing a saree was really different and wonderful. The best part was making my mother happy. She always wanted a girl, and now she was able to dress me up and treat me as her daughter. I didn't have any problem wearing the saree because I had been practicing how to handle it for the past week. The only thing that bothered me was the jewelry. I wasn't used to it. The Jhumkas on my ears were really heavy, and the chains around my neck were also heavy. I had six bangles on each hand, and the anklets made a loud noise when I walked around the room. It was a different feeling and a different experience for me. I was confused if I was happy or sad because I couldn't express the feeling. 

The whole day went by with me practicing expressions and making sure I handled the saree and jewelry properly. My mother kept telling me what to change in my expressions so that I could perform well on the annual day. After dinner, I was watching TV when my mother called me to her room. She removed all my jewelry, then my makeup, and finally the saree. She folded it properly and kept it in her cupboard. As I was about to leave the room, she stopped me and called me back. She wanted to take some measurements to stitch the blouse. She told me to go change into normal clothes and go to sleep.

The next morning, my mother woke me up early and made me take a bath. I wasn't sure why, so I asked her. She said, "Girls are supposed to wake up early." I was confused. She told me, "Until your annual day gets over, you are a girl." I was okay with it. After my bath, I went to my mother to ask for breakfast, wearing my normal boys' clothes. But she refused and told me to wait in the room while she finished packing my father's food. I went to my room and sat on the bed, waiting for her. She came back after some time and told me to remove my clothes. She took a saree from the cupboard and made me wear some blouses she had stitched for me. They fit perfectly. Then, she made me wear the blouse and draped the saree around me.

After she finished setting the saree pleats properly, she made me sit in front of the dressing table and started doing my makeup. She began with foundation, spreading it evenly across my face to create a smooth base. Then she applied powder to set the foundation and reduce shine. She carefully applied kajal to my eyes, making them look larger and more expressive. She added eyeshadow, choosing colors that complemented the saree. She drew a thin line of eyeliner along my eyelids and applied mascara to my lashes, making them look longer and fuller. She brushed blush onto my cheeks to give them a rosy glow and finished with lipstick, choosing a soft shade that matched the saree. Then she added the jewelry: heavy Jhumkas for my ears, multiple chains around my neck, six bangles on each wrist, and anklets that jingled with every step. She placed the wig on my head and styled it into a bun, adding flowers for a traditional touch. When she was done, she took kajal from her own eyes and put a small dot on my chin to ward off the evil eye. She made me stand in front of the mirror, and I was amazed at my reflection. I looked completely different, like a beautiful girl.

My mother and I had breakfast together, and then we practiced my role. She gave me suggestions throughout. By lunchtime, I was exhausted. We ate lunch and watched TV together. In the evening, my father came home with a guest. I was shy to come out of my room, but my father called me. I had no choice but to go out. The guest was also a Yakshagana artist who often performed with my father. He played female characters in their performances. My father said he would train me daily.

My father told me to go to my room and practice with him. We went to my room, and he asked me to perform the scene I was given at school. I felt shy, but he reassured me, "I've been doing this for 12 years. There's nothing wrong with it. It's a tradition, so don't feel shy." I performed the scene, and he was happy. He said, "You're doing well, but try to get more female expressions. Think about how a girl would feel in that situation, and you'll do great." He showed me how he performed. His expressions and grace were just like a girl's. I was amazed. He started teaching me, and we had a great time. 

When he left, I removed all the jewelry, makeup, and the saree, then went to sleep.

Please leave your comments and suggestions so that i can improve my story 

Comments

  1. NICE STORY PLEASE CONTINUE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you i will surely continue

      Delete
  2. Fabulous story, keep going

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My Journey: Annual day 10 Final

Please read the previous parts to understand the this story, to read previous story click on the story name  My Journey: Annual day 9 Monday arrived, just five days before the annual day. Our principal announced that there would be no more regular classes, and from now on, we would focus only on practice. Our teacher called our group and took us to the auditorium. She told us how the show would start, who would go first on stage, and how the others should enter afterward. We practiced hard until lunch. After lunch, the principal gathered everyone and informed us that the rehearsals would now take place on stage in the exact order as the annual day. This was to make sure everything would run smoothly. The whole school gathered in the auditorium. First, the primary school students performed, followed by the high school students. Our performance was scheduled last as we were in 10th grade. When it was our turn, the girls in our class went first. Then it was our turn. I felt a wave of ner

My Journey: New Start

Please read the previous parts to understand this story click on the name of previous part to read it  My Journey: Annual day 10 Final After the annual day was over, I slept soundly, feeling relieved and happy. Sunday arrived, and since I had no plans, I let myself sleep in. When I finally got up, I took a bath and then went into my mother’s room, still wrapped in my towel. When my mom came in and saw me, she asked with a smile, "Why are you sitting here in your towel?" I replied, half-joking, "Where is my saree?" She laughed softly and said, "The annual day is over, and you don’t need to wear a saree anymore." Her words reminded me that the exciting event was really over. I went back to my room and changed into my regular t-shirt and shorts, but a part of me missed the feel of the saree. It had been so comfortable and felt special. After breakfast, my father had already gone to the studio to practice Yakshagana, leaving the house quiet. I spent most of th

My Journey: Annual day 1

Read the Previous part by clicking on the Story name  My Journey: Mother's Wish This routine continued for the next two days until my father returned from his training. In the following years, the opportunity to wear a saree didn't present itself again as my mother seemed to lose interest in those activities. When I was in the 10th standard, our school prepared for its annual day celebrations. Boys in our class were assigned to perform Yakshagana, a traditional art form, while the girls were to showcase Bharatanatyam, a classical dance form. With very few girls in our class, our teacher rushed into the classroom one day with exciting news—we would be performing a scene from the epic Mahabharata for the Yakshagana segment. Roles were quickly assigned based on height and suitability. The tallest boys were chosen to play the Pandavas, some took on roles as Kauravas, and there were only two of us left: my friend, who was taller than me, and myself, the shortest in the class. The on